LEA “Government and Parastatals Procuring from SMMEs Seminar”
The Local Enterprise Authority will on the 14th January 2010 host a seminar entitled Procuring from SMMEs’ under the theme ‘Partnership in Implementing the Local Procurement Policy.’ This workshop, which will constitute of Procurement professionals practising in Botswana’s public sector and parastatals, will be held at Tlotlo Conference Center from 0830hrs – 1630hrs.
The seminar is an initiative to engage procurement practitioners with the aim of cultivating a sustainable culture of procurement that can contribute optimally to the development of the SMME sector.
Participants will benefit from awareness and appreciation of
• a convenient database of quality LEA SMME suppliers;
• LEA SMME supplier products & services;
• the potential of LEA supported SMMEs to supply competitively;
• LEA services to buyers: you specify, LEA capacitates, SMMEs deliver!
• SMME strengths and challenges through presentations from citizen entrepreneurs;
• the role and agency of a procurement professional in contributing to national goals through practice within existing procurement policies;
• the Local Procurement Policy as a framework for Procurement Practice in Botswana.